Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Baby's Taking Me Home - Sparks

Sparks recorded their first album, in 1971 under the name Halfnelson (they changed their name to Sparks not long after and re-released that album in 1972). I first discovered Sparks in the 1980s and my musical tastes have been colored by them ever since. They have this habit of taking music as we know it, and turning it on it's ear ... inside-out and upside-down. Sort of like Andy Warhol did to pop art.

Get ready for a brilliant little earworm!

My Baby's Taking Me Home by Sparks from the 2002 album "Lil' Beethoven"



Sparks' official website - I highly recommend reading their Sparkography. It's deliciously written!

4 comments:

Coke Brown Jr. said...

I didn't discover them until this year. I don't know I missed them. I've loaded up since then, have all of their stuff, play it all the time.

Weird in a great way - sometimes can't tell if they're being kind to or making fun of the styles that they imitate.

Coke Brown Jr. said...

-ahem-

Don't know HOW I missed them.

Leisl said...

I don't know how you did, either. LOL!

Leisl said...

And I think it's somewhere in between respectful nod to and tongue-imbedded cheekiness regarding the styles of music they imitate.