Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Criza la Romani (Crisis the Romanian Way) - Taraf din Clejani

Hooray! My laptop is back amongst the living and I once again have a machine with a sound card and can get back to listening to music and sharing what gets stuck in my head. For weeks now, this song that I came across quite a while ago has been tickling my brain. It's a fun Romanian song by another band that I came across in my ongoing fascination with gypsy music. According to the info provided with this video, the band is Taraf din Clejani (Fiddlers of Clejani village), but I can't find any other information. Although there is a lot of stuff out there by Taraf de Haïdouks (Taraful din Clejani), this doesn't appear to be the same group. At any rate, follow the subtitles and smile!

No comments: