Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Plainsong - The Cure

Plainsong is the opening song on The Cure's 8th studio released album, "Disintegration", released in 1989 and sets the mood for the band's return to the darker, moodier hallucinogenic goth rock that set them apart in the early 1980s. The record label, Fiction Records, feared it would be commercial suicide but this album remains the band's best selling record to date. But more importantly ...

Fifteen years ago today this song was played at my wedding - as my wedding march - to the most wonderful man ever to walk this earth. Even after all this time he still manages to surprise me and find little ways each day to make me fall in love with him all over again. He truly is my life, my love, my heart and my soul.

Plainsong by The Cure from the 1989 album "Disintegration"



The Cure official website

The Cure MySpace page

The Cure Facebook page

No comments: