Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Friday, June 5, 2009

I Think It's Going to Rain Today - Randy Newman

It's been overcast here all week. Severe thunderstorms happening all around me. I could watch them from my house. But nothing here. I enjoy blue skies as much as the next person, but I really love a good thunderstorm. Needless to say, I've felt a little left out while the rest of the valley was enjoying (and some not enjoying) the late spring cloudbursts. But today - FINALLY - we had a downpour complete with rolling thunder that was so loud and lasted for so long it sounded like a freight train traveling through the yard. Perfect day for this song.

American singer-songwriter, Randy Newman, wrote I Think It's Going to Rain Today and recorded it on his debut album "Randy Newman" in 1968. Since then it has been covered by myriad artists, including Better Midler, Nina Simone, Judy Collins, Joe Cocker, UB40 and many others.

I Think It's Going to Rain Today by Randy Newman



Randy Newman website

Randy Newman Facebook page

No comments: