Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hamlet: The Musical! - Gilligan's Island

When I was very young, I'd watch the Gilligan's Island episodes in syndication (not the original runs - I'm not that old) after school. I always wanted to be Ginger - Tina Louise was so glamorous and beautiful - but was always more of a MaryAnn. Still am. And I'd still rather be Ginger. Lucky for me, my husband prefers MaryAnn. But I digress. I don't remember seeing this episode very many times, but this show the castaways put on - this musical - has stayed in the foreground of my mind since the very first time I saw it all those years ago. It's not uncommon for me to burst into, "Neither a borrower nor a lender be" or "For to be, or not to be? That is the question that I ask of thee" or "From Ophelia, no one can steal ya" or ... well you get the idea.

Originally aired October 3, 1966, "The Producer" (Gilligan's Island season 3, episode 4) was brilliantly written by Dee Caruso and Gerald Gardner and directed by Ida Lupino.

Hamlet: The Musical from the 1966 episode "The Producer" of Gilligan's Island



Gilligan's Island Fanclub

No comments: