Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Needles and Pins - The Ramones

Foot doctor gave me a couple cortisone shots today. IN MY TOE! Yes, I'm a big needle-weenie, but this was even more painful that I'd imagined it would be. Ho-ly cow! And I'll have to have it done again in a month. I am so not looking forward to that. It came out during the appointment today that the doctor detests Bette Midler so I thought maybe I'd put up "Wind Beneath My Wings" or some-such just for him, but opted for The Ramones instead. I love The Ramones. They make me happy. Maybe I'll post some Bette next month ... and make sure he sees it. Mwahahahaha!

Needles and Pins was written Jack Nitzsche and Sonny Bono and originally recorded by Jackie DeShannon in 1963. Over the last 40+ years it has been covered by many artists included The Searchers, Cher, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with Stevie Nicks, and Willy deVille.

Needles and Pins by The Ramones from the 1978 album "Road to Ruin"




And just for fun (because I like to find stuff like this), here's the Serbian band Vampiri covering Needles and Pins ... in Serbian!

Ona i ja by Vampiri from the 1995 album "Plavi Grad"

No comments: