Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tribute - Tenacious D

Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are in tribute bands. Yes, I know how judgmental and prejudicial that sounds, but I just have to say that, on the whole, tribute bands lack imagination and creativity. Yes, there are very rare exceptions - Tom Waits for No Man, a Tom Waits tribute/cover band out of Israel, being the only one that comes to mind at the moment. This new (is it new or have I just started noticing?) trend towards tribute bands brings to mind a line from Pauline Gedge's "The Eagle and the Raven", a book recommended to me by my husband: "...the artists forgot that their calling was noble and became imitators instead of creators, charging exorbitant sums for the rubbish they churned out with one eye closed."

But this ... THIS is cool.

Tribute by Tenacious D from the 2001 album "Tenacious D"



Tenacious D official website

Tenacious D official UK website

Tenacious D MySpace page

Tenacious D Facebook page

No comments: