Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our House - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

I've just been lolling here on the couch today (recovering from surgery ... I can say "lolling" if I want) and thinking about how much I love my house. There is so much love within these walls it's like living in a hug. Light and mountain views and different levels for lots of movement ... it's lovely. It's not a "McMansion" but it's roomy. And it makes me happy.

Written by British singer-songwriter Graham Nash, Our House was inspired by his romantic (albeit short-lived) relationship with Canadian singer-songwriter/artist Joni Mitchell and speaks of his desire for the whole "white picket fence" stability of home ownership and monogamy - the antithesis of the "free love" movement of the hippie era of which he was a part.

Our House by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young from the 1970 album "Déjà Vu"



Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young website

Graham Nash website

No comments: