Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Headphonist - Kinky

"Sometimes I feel like every single thing has a sound. And if it does, what kind of shape does silence have?" I woke up with this in my head. LOVE this song! Everything about it - the rhythm, the words, the groove, all of it!

Formed in 1998 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, Kinky plays a rock-n-roll that is heavily influenced by Latin music with a nice bit techno just for spice. They have released 6 albums since 2002.


The Headphonist
by Kinky from the 2003 album "Altas"



Kinky website

Kinky MySpace page

Kinky Facebook page

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, John McCrea (from Cake) helped with the vocals.

Leisl said...

Absolutely! Thanks for reminding me. How could I possibly forget to mention that? I adore Cake!