Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Friday, May 1, 2009

Tine Bealtaine - Omnia

It's May Day! Beltane. Time to celebrate the fertility of our earth and plant the seeds that will grow in our gardens - and lives - with hopes for a rich and abundant harvest later on.


(That's me in the white gown with the red leis.)



When I was a little girl, this was one of my favorite days. When I was in kindergarten, I was crowned "May Queen" in the class May Day program. When I was in 4th grade in LaMaddalena, Sardegna, we celebrated with a May Pole dance and Cat Stevens songs. I even sort of remember making May Day baskets full of flowers to leave on neighbors' doorsteps somewhere we lived, but I don't remember where right now. Maybe Florida? Wherever, whenever it was, I enjoyed doing it. Perhaps this is a tradition I should start up with my own kids. Hmmm.


From the Netherlands, Pagan folk band Omnia's music is all accoustic and many of the instruments as well as their costumes are handmade by the band themselves.



Omnia official webpage

Omnia MySpace page

No comments: