Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

God's Gonna Cut You Down - Johnny Cash

I wake up with this song in my head quite often. The first time I saw this video for it, I was stunned. It was - and still is - one of the most intensely emotional visual interpretations of a song I've ever seen.

God's Gonna Cut You Down is a traditional folk song also known as Run On. It has been performed and recorded by many artists including Odetta (1956) and The Blind Boys of Alabama (2001) as "God's Gonna Cut You Down", and as "Run On" by Bill Landford and the Landfordaires (1943, remixed and released by Moby in 1999) and Elvis Presley (1966).

The Johnny Cash version of the song was released posthumously in 2006 on the album American V: A Hundred Highways.



The Official Johnny Cash Website

No comments: